- How to conduct successful sales meetings, and get results.
- How to train new salespeople.
- How to train a group and make them into a team.
- How to build a seasoned core of salespeople.
- How to make the entire sales activity into a game played by a team.
- How to resolve conflicts and commission disputes.
- How a manager should function with his salespeople individually and as a group.
- A breakdown of 50 golden sales management lessons learned over four decades.
- Lessons from the Art of War by Sun Tzu for a sales manager to use.
- How to develop and follow a long range plan, and adjust for unexpected changes.
- Creating organizational systems and efficiency in a sales office.
- What are good bonus systems, and which ones should be avoided?
- How to guide the group with a common purpose, and take the reins of leadership.
- How to get a sales team into a magical rhythm of consistent production.
The Art of Sales Management: Lessons Learned on the Fly
"Salespeople are among the most able individuals in society. In an economy, they are among the most valuable in existence. On their shoulders alone, they move the economy of a nation." - Michael Delaware, Author The 'The Art of Sales Management' is about the art of being a successful sales manager, and guiding the most talented people in an economy. The Art of Sales Management lessons imparted in this book consist of lessons learned over four decades in the field of salesmanship and sales management by the author. The book is designed to be both a philosophical and practical text on the subject. Sales Management refers to the managing of a team of salespeople, and building them into a 'team' rather than having them merely function as a 'group'. Teams work together as a cohesive unit, and 'groups' tend to be a collection of individuals working independently, often going in different directions. This book seeks to engage the sales manager in the excitement of building any group of salespeople into a cohesive unit or team; brand new or long established. A selection of the important information covered in this book is: